True First Day of Summer

Today, the first Monday where I do not need to go to school or plan anything, is the true first day of summer. For me, anyway. 

I have decided that June is about Reconstituting. So, with that on mind, my day looked like this:

Get out of bed at 7:40 (woke up at 6:40 but refused to accept that reality), eat my Cheerios and blueberries, then take my coffee outside to the deck while the shade existed (it was wicked hot today). Read a book.







Go inside when it gets too hot, finish my book. 

Watch 4 episodes of Handmaid's Tale (2 more left!). 
Eat some leftover Indian food for lunch, get on the bike for some spinning, go to Pilates. 

This is a perfect early summer day -- everything I did was relaxing or enjoyable or something I've wanted to do but couldn't because school was so crazy. 

It's in the rearview mirror... Everything ahead is planned to rest, rejuvenate, and feed my soul. 

Happy freaking summer! 

Want to read more #Microblog Mondays? Go here and enjoy! 

12 comments:

  1. How fabulous! I love the pic of you reading your book on the deck, in the shade (bliss to me), with flowers behind you.

    We had our coldest day yet of winter yesterday (our heating struggled to get to 20C), so it's lovely thinking of you a) in the warmth, and b) especially, relaxing! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was the perfect way to start the first day. And brrrrr!

      Delete
  2. Hi there! Your first day of vacation sounds a lot more productive than mine. I spent my first two days in a mindless stupor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It was super relaxing, maybe the biking and pilates make it sound productive? Ha ha.i also took a nap!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, sounds amazing! Today is our last last day of school though we have not had kids for a while. Having a peaceful home to return to and people there to love is definitely something to be grateful for…..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you have a relaxing start to your summer!

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a perfect plan. And I can't wait to talk about that book with you! I read it a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely day! For a lovely person. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your summer, Jess! -- well deserved!! :)

    ReplyDelete