Hope for the Future

The news sucks at the moment. Everything is gloom and doom and impending apocalypse. 

So, it was a lovely surprise to discover just how many of my students this year ARE READERS! Like, borrowing books from me on the daily and returning them read the next day. Like, 8th graders reading Project Hail Mary. And my smaller class group? Not as reading averse as usual! 

I hope this is a positive sign for the future. It sure feels that way to me. 

*    *    *    *    *

Also, it's officially World Childless Week! Go here and scroll down to the 2026 section to explore each day's submissions and offerings. I'm bummed I can't attend most things because the time change at school and the time zone difference are not compatible at all, but I am looking forward to reading each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment