Flutters

 My anxiety is amping up again. I mean, we've been at this for a year and it's been very stressful, and maybe the cumulative effect of all the stress is catching up to me. My district is announcing plans to open fully with all kids at once on Thursday. That could be a piece of it. They are looking to rearrange all our special ed programs and I am having to do that tricky balance of being flexible and knowing that I can do hard things, but also knowing what I have enjoyed doing and what I am very good at. 

So yeah, lots of uncertainty swirling around. 

My flutters are now intrusive and pairing with a racing heart and I'm having to take medication to make them stop, at night at least. It's a horrible feeling. 

A good thing is that we have a new friend for Lucky at home... Her name is Emmy, she's three, and she's super sweet, but in isolation so we can do the introductions right. We are so burned from the last time we tried this and it did not work out and was heartbreaking, so the shelter agreed to a foster-to-adopt agreement. This shelter is small, and no-kill, and only cats, and I wish I'd known they existed two years ago. Wish us luck as we get the two cats together this week! 

Here is Emmy!

Soaking up the sunshine

Pretty eyes!

She is loooooong

Pretty girl! 

Want to read more #MicroblogMondays? Go here and enjoy! 


10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the anxiety. :-( Mine has been higher since about, oh, December. Unlike your schools we were back in person full strength in September with no modifications other than (theoretical) social distancing and increased hygiene.

    December/January we went back online, then back in person starting February. It's the change in routines that stresses me out...it's possible to sort-of adapt to almost anything but then when things shift and it's not in your control it's hard. Amazingly, our school has done really well Covid-wise: We've only had about 5 cases total since the start of the year. Not even sure why this is but we have broad compliance with masking and a great janitorial staff so maybe that helps?

    I hope the kitty-cuddles help alleviate the anxiety a little and the school re-opening goes OK...the past year has been scary in the sense of showing us how much we don't control but hopefully there's still ways to make things better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The changes are the WORST. We've been in two cohorts, Monday/Thursday and Tuesday/Friday, with Wednesdays both cohorts virtual, and simultaneous all-virtual students, since September. But then in March they got rid of virtual Wednesday and we've had two weeks where one cohort comes in person one week and the other three next, so every other week they get 3 in-person days of school. And then they announced that if the state approves it, all kids will be back at once 4 days/week, starting 4/19, until May when it will be 5 days/week. IT IS DIZZYING. The masking and cleaning had been pretty effective, and almost none of our cases hander been transmitted at school, but we've had a lot. Like, hundreds since September. Kids are out on quarantine, staff is out on quarantine, and now we're going to put everyone in the same space with 3' distancing. Aaaaaaaaaaaa! At least I am now vaccinated. That helps the anxiety.

      I hope your year continues to be without many COVID cases what you get some consistency. Kitty cuddles definitely help! This is definitely an exercise in managing uncertainty.

      Delete
  2. She is gorgeous! Pictures of Emmy are what I needed this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad! She's a very pretty kitty. And opening up, too! She does seem to be nocturnal. I'm glad it's break as if it wasn't I'd be very very tired!

      Delete
  3. SOOOOO envious of Emmy. I am a huge cat and kitten fan but I can't be around them because they immediately prompt asthma episodes that have, in the past, left me gasping in an ER. That said, I live vicariously through photographs my friends and fellow bloggers post online. Hope Lucky and Emmy become the best of buddies, and I wish you much deep breathing and reduced anxiety as you move forward. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's so sweet! But also a shedder. I get my eyes swelled shut off I touch them after touching the cats, and I am not used to her fur yet so I had a crazy reaction two days ago. But it's temporary and not activating my asthma, I'm so sorry you have a severe reaction! I will be sure to post more pictures. Anxiety is reduced, thank you!

      Delete
  4. Emmy is beautiful! I hope the introductions and adjustments are going well.

    And I hope the full open went well and CONTINUES to go well. And that the flutter-effect recedes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's out of isolation! They had their hissing fits but no fighting, and now they are at least tolerating each other. And playing hide and seek at 4 in the morning. She's so sweet, and so pretty! Anxiety is receding. Break definitely helps on that front. Ahhhhhh

      Delete
  5. Awww, I LOVE Emmy! She's lovely, and reminds me very much of a really intelligent cat we had when I was a kid.

    And I'm glad the break is helping. Maybe Emmy helps too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's a sweetie! :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete