October Anniversary

How is it November already? October kind of came and went with a blur of activity, lots of it Halloween- and anniversary- related. 

School has been very, very busy and there have been a few draining situations, and I've been trying to keep some semblance of balance but pretty much collapse into a heap when I get home. One exception -- I am doing better at keeping up with The Handmaid's Tale by taking that time to get on the treadmill, walk speedily both flat and on an incline during the show, and then running (jogging if I'm being real) during commercials. It's great. But man, I am exhausted. 

So, instead of belaboring the sucky at the moment, I want to celebrate the wonderful -- THIRTEEN beautiful years of marriage with Bryce. What a gorgeous life. 

This year things were crazy with his PhD (he actually took a leave of absence to finish it out, SO CLOSE TO BEING DONE), and so we decided nothing extravagant for anniversary presents. We basically bought Halloween decorations for the house, for each other. Which was wicked fun. 

So, here is our anniversary in pictures: 


Harold and the haunted house are not new, but those amazing bats are!

Isn't she lovely? A Bryce prize...

It isn't Halloween without The Great Pumpkin, so what a find this was!

I found the fence and the new gravestone with the vulture on top in the middle, everything else is older. 

We had a beautiful fall walk on the Erie Canal

Bryce got us these fabulous mugs (I got the flowers at a farm stand)

Fun skeleton martini glasses from Bryce, with yummy Manhattans inside


Bryce got us some fun new art for the walls, and we framed some I got him last year... these are my favorites: 





And then the celebrations themselves! Our "private" anniversary, when we were legally married: 

Mmmm, lobsters from Maine with delicata squash and brussels sprouts... the towel is to save the table from water as we, um, dismember them... :)

Pajama anniversary! 

Wouldn't be us without an insanely unattractive weird face picture, hahaha


Fancy dinner out for Halloween anniversary over the weekend

My 2022 ghoul! Bryce is amazing. This was a "quick" drawing... and the "I chu-chu-chupacabra you!" is hilarious... let me know if you get the reference! 


And there it is, another anniversary in the books. We have a lot of fun. I can never feel fortunate enough for having such an amazing partner in life, and for weathering all the horrors we waded through to get to this space where we are a happy family of two. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary. I love the pics. And I really love those martini glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you two so much. Thank you for sharing because all of your decorations and Halloween things are so fun and badass. The "I chu-chu-chupacabra you" at the end killed me. I love it. Here's to celebrating the good!! Happy November. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Lovely to see fellow foodies who love celebrating with a fancy dinner. And just the joie de vivre of this whole post is really special - for your anniversary, for Halloween, for life. Perfect!

    PS. I loved the martini glasses too, and the Dead and Breakfast mug! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GORGOUS life you two have together, as evidenced by all the quirky-fun stuff you have and the love and adventures you share.

    Clever way to stay up with Handmaid's Tale. Where are you in it?

    ReplyDelete